Weight journey.........doin' it in baby steps!

Wednesday, January 16, 2008

A loss....yippee!!!

So a loss!!! Down 1.4---168.0. 3 pounds til my mini goal--which you remember was 5 pound increments. This weight loss still includes some from when I was sick. My appetite finally came back with a vengence a couple of days ago and I am definitely making up for lost time.

I still have some chest congestion which seems to be a "good" excuse for me not getting back into an exercise routine on the treadmill. I am going to make every effort tomorrow morning to get on it, even if it's for 20 min. to slowly start back up.

BTW, did I mention it is freakin' freezing here...try 8 degrees on my way home from work tonight---with the wind chill, I guess somewhere BELOW freezing.

My mom's final divorce hearing is going to be delayed....probably upwards of 2 months. Her lawyer heard it in my voice when we talked to her today, that I'm pretty displeased with this...but, she said she hasn't gotten all the financial stuff from my dad and she wants to go into court prepared to fight tooth and nail to get my mom what she deserves. So now we sit and wait.

So, anyway, things have been crazy since the beginning of the new year....trying to get settled into a routine with my mom now living with us.

One final note....I guess I decided it was a good idea to practically take off my driver's side mirror today as I was backing my car into the garage. My attention was on not hitting my mom's car (which always seems to be parked in the wrong spot in the driveway) and CRASH!!! Crap!!! there goes a perfectly good mirror.

All I know for now...

SJ

6 comments:

Kate said...

Congrats on the loss!

MMalloy said...

Congrats on the loss!! I am glad you are feeling a bit better finally.
I hope things start to fall into routine with your Mom, you are a great daughter for helping her through all of this.

Anonymous said...

Congrats on the loss! You are very close to your first goal!! Sorry to hear that your mom's proceedings have been delayed, but hopefully it will mean an easier situation for her in the future! I knocked a mirror off like that one time....it really stinks!
-Chris

Swizzlepop said...

Congrats on the loss. Hope things start to fall into place with your mom living with you and that her hearing goes well when it does happen.

Miss July...not...yet said...

Congrats on the loss! That is awesome!!!!

The Price's Wife said...

The mirror should count as at least 5 more pounds lost!