Weight journey.........doin' it in baby steps!

Wednesday, January 2, 2008

2007- A year in review.....

So, a look back in time....finally got my mom out of Indiana and moved in with us here in Colorado. I finished all of my training at the tower and am settled in as one of three Traffic Management Coordinator's at the fifth busiest airport in the nation. We moved into a nice house in a great neighborhood and we are getting to know those around us--time will tell whether "great" friends come out of this.

On the weight loss and exercise front---I am doing much better than right after the holidays last year. I started the year (year 2007) at 184.something, and finished off the year at 170.8. This, remember, was my attempt at a "controlled" gain while I was home visiting family and friends just before Christmas. I weighed-in before going at 168.4 and I came back weighing 170.8. So my gain over the holidays-----2.4. I think "NOT BAD!!!"

So in a nutshell -----weight loss for 2007 around 14 pounds. I say "NOT TOO SHABBY!" If I do that this year, I will be at goal. So here's to a new fresh start at weight loss this year.....baby steps. I will attack it in 5 pound increments. 5 pounds, only 3 times. Maybe next year, this same time, I will be typing that I finally made it to goal---155 (oh how I'd love to do that!!!)

Let's everyone get back with it now that the holiday season is over!!!!! BTW,

Happy New Year!!!!!

5 comments:

tallmama said...

Glad to see you back! I am too sitting at about a 15lb lose for the year. Had goals for much bigger, but really 15 is pretty good!

Kate said...

Sounds like you did great over the holidays, I know a gain isn't good, but at least it was small, that is awesome. Welcome back.

MMalloy said...

Happy New Year to you too! 2.4 pounds over the holidays is not bad at all and an overall 15lb loss is great! Way to go!

Anonymous said...

Glad you're back and I'm very proud of you for your hard work in 2007! I read in a comment on somebody's blog (maybe Colette's?) that the average person gains 11 pounds over the holidays, so you still smoked the average! I think setting small goals is a great idea --- I set a small goal this time, too. Good luck and keep us posted!
-Chris

The Price's Wife said...

I'm with you! Let's lose the last of our weight this year!