Weight journey.........doin' it in baby steps!

Monday, September 15, 2008

Almost cried.....

So, I went to try on bathing suits (I now know after giving birth to two kids) that I need a bathing suit that has an underwire in the top section!!! So, I am in the dressing room with at least 10 bathing suits and they all look horrible. I have 5 weeks to get this body into shape and it's gonna be a lot of work. This is what procrastination has gotten me. I knew 4 months ago I would be putting this body into a bathing suit....and now it's down to crunch time.

I am usually very prompt on what I do in life, except for weight loss. I am sooo sick of my body looking like this. Frumpy, bumpy and lumpy!!! I haven't weighed in for 2 weeks now (last week the hubby and I went to Glenwood Springs and had a ball---alpine coaster, caves and rafting/kayaking), so I missed w/in last week b/c we were gone.

I w/in tomorrow (Tuesday) and I am anxiously waiting to see if my money spent with the trainer is paying off. I start my 3rd week with her today (this morning, an early morning work out.) She is kicking my butt, but the soreness actually feels good. So far it's been great---never the same workout. The last time she put pink boxing gloves on me, and I got to punch the hell out of the bag. Who's picture did I imagine on the bag? Yep, my dad's --but that is another story entirely, that I won't go into here.

So, I will post w/in results tomorrow....here's to hoping....

3 comments:

MMalloy said...

The workouts sound like fun, I like the idea of a punching bag!!!
Crunch time, I know the feeling...make these last few weeks count! You can make a lot of difference in just a few weeks if you really want to!
Update us tomorrow on W/in!

Amanda said...

You don't HAVE to wear a bikini!!! I've tried telling you that, but you don't want to listen. :)

I think you look great regardless, but I know the feeling you have all too well. :) Hang in there...you can do a lot with 5 weeks!

Miss July...not...yet said...

you know, even at my thinest (size 4) I hated the way I looked in a bathing suit...my arm flab was too much, my thighs were too fat...blah, blah...
I think we are genetically coded to hate the way our bodies look. I kind of look at my body as well won battle scars now. I had 2 babies and they were definately worth any damage done.

Anyhoo...that is how I get thru the day. Still won't wear bathing suits.

GL on Wi tomorrow.