Weight journey.........doin' it in baby steps!

Wednesday, May 21, 2008

FINALLY....I'M BACK!!!!

Well it's been quite some time.....have you ever quit going to WW meetings and when you decide you have to go back, you won't b/c you've gained some of your weight back and then you don't go back until you get the gain back off (did that make any sense????)


Well, I've decided to start blogging again even though I've put on a few....I w'd/in this morning and the scale read 169.8. So, I am up a bit (which I already knew). My lowest was 165.2 and I am hoping to be back there real soon.

So, an update. Knee is better (still sore sometimes and if I tweak it a bit (lots of pain)). My mom and dog moved out and are living in an apartment across town. Final court date for her divorce is set the second week of June (April court date did not happen and was continued til the June date). We'll see. If this one gets continued, I am going to tell my mom to fire this chick and hire someone more competent. If we get to go home, I will get to see my BFF (http://strawgirl--mylifeinablog.blogspot.com/) remember---she just had a baby!!!

So, now the w/l thing....I now have new motivation (I hope). I have a group of girls that I graduated from high school with that are all turning 40 --yikes--and we are going to celebrate in October by taking a trip to Cancun. The two girls already booked are super skinny and I would feel much better about myself in a bathing suit (next to them) if I got these last 15 pounds off.

So, again, I approach this challenge in BABY STEPS. Five pounds---3 times/5 pounds x 3/3 "steps" of 5. I have until October to get this done. That's an average of 3 pounds a month. Simple right? We'll see.

I do have a short term mini-goal...that is to get back down to 165 by the time we leave to go home June 8th. It doesn't give me much time to do this but (and that's a BIG but) I am starting my work week today and I usually do better during my work week than on the weekends. I am planning (and have been for 1 day) to write every bite. Drink all my water. And get some form of exercise every day. I have broken out the pilates dvd -- I think it actually had dust on it.



So, mini-goal by June 8th *****lose 4.8 pounds in 17 days ******ANYTHING IS POSSIBLE!!

SEE YA!!

2 comments:

Miss July...not...yet said...

Yeah!!! so glad to see you back! Your gain is not near as bad as mine was...ugg! I am still trying to get that crap off!
Sounds like Cancun will be fab!

tallmama said...

Hey! Funny how we both have decided to get back on track! We've both just gained a 'few' pounds too. I think it's good before the pounds really start adding up. Seriously I don't know how I didn't gain 5x the weight I have because I've been eating HORRIBLE! I'm sure it was going to catch up with me very soon.

On a better note because we've been off program for a couple months, now that we are starting up again, we should notice the bigger initial 'dump' of weight (usually water as I know I have not been drinking water)

Anyways, welcome back!