Weight journey.........doin' it in baby steps!

Saturday, May 24, 2008

The IL's are in town....

So, my in-laws just got into town yesterday (south of Denver, CO). They don't fly, so they drove two days to get here. I have done that drive twice (actually 2 1/2 time--for the most part). Once, when we moved the kids, animals, and ourselves out here in 2006. Once, one-way when I flew out to drive my mom out here, and then the last time to meet my youngest bro to get my mom's dog---we met in Vandalia, IL, slept for 2 hours and then drove back.

I plan to never do that drive again....it's way to long, way to monotonous, and I'd rather fly and use 4 1/2 hours of my time instead of 17 hours!!!!! I think it is CRAZY talk to drive out here to visit but who am I to say (I've only done it once to many times in my lifetime).

Anyway, so dinner wasn't great last night. My mom insists on always bringing ice cream to my house (just as a dessert, honey!) I LOVE ICE CREAM!!!! It's hard for me to resist....no, IMPOSSIBLE to resist. So, I didn't do great last night.

I am still aiming for at least 2 pounds this week, though! It's gonna be tough. The IL's leave out Thursday morning, so that will be my entire w/in week. Gotta get to work---yes, it is 4:06 in the morning and I am up at the butt crack of dawn on a Saturday!!

So long for now my faithful readers (I think I still have one---thanks, Miss July!!!)

1 comment:

Miss July...not...yet said...

yep, I am an ice cream addict myself. Ugg...can't say no to the stuff.
GL this week!