Weight journey.........doin' it in baby steps!

Thursday, May 29, 2008

A evening at work....

So my day is finally over! Work was work---thunderstorms plagued us out east of Denver....so if you got delayed, it wasn't because it was an ATC delay----blame it on the weather.


Today went pretty good eating-wise. I got on the treadmill this morning for 35 min./325 cal. burn. But here is the OUTRAGEOUS thing...Denver International Airport has a wellness center and I went and checked it out today before work. It is small but has everything you'd need for a good workout. And, the kicker, only $90.00 for a year membership!!! Not $900.00 but $90.00 for a whole entire year!!! that's less than $2.00 a week.....needless to say, I joined and spent about 40 min. using the universal weights after I got off work tonight.

I will probably only go 2 -3 times per week, just to work out on the universal weight circuit they have set up---just to tone my flab. They have plenty of cardio equipment, but I'd rather do that at home (where I can watch or listen to what I want).

Anyway, hopefully in a few months I will be able to see a difference in the flab factor!

All I know


SJ

4 comments:

Miss July...not...yet said...

Okay, the cost of the gym is awesome!!!!
I just have to say. I fly into Colorado springs quite often. I try to avoid DIA but you know, if I am ever your way... :-)
Good for you for working out too!

Natalie said...

what a great price! it is always a great idea to blog the goal and then maybe people will ask how it is going!!! great job working out!

Unknown said...

How awesome is that gym membership fee??? WOW - I have to pay $45 a month. You are going to love the weights......within a few weeks you are going to see a huge difference in how you look and feel!

Congrats and let me know how it's going.

tallmama said...

Holy crap; only $90, thats crazy not to join, and if it works w/ your schedual to do it before/after work, even better!