Weight journey.........doin' it in baby steps!

Tuesday, June 3, 2008

I have some READER(S)....

Yay!!! I am so excited that I have 3 readers---yep, plural.

So, W/in is tomorrow. I am hoping I see a loss---crosses fingers!

I got on the treadmill this morning....remember if I don't exercise in the first 2 hours of my day, I usually will find some excuse not to.

So, here was my conversation with myself while snoozing the alarm this morning:

First time alarm goes off--"Oh crap it's early...." hits snooze button.

Second time alarm goes off-- "Okay, one more snooze and I will get up. I need to exercise" ----- -hits snooze button for the second time.

Third time alarm goes off---"ahh, I will exercise later after my haircut and grocery shopping"---hits snooze button for the third time.

Okay, a few minutes go by, and I am actually having a discussion in my brain...."get your ass up and get on the treadmill". " But I don't want to---it's not fun!" "You'll feel so much better after you sweat" "OH, OKAY!!!!"

I shut off the alarm, get up, put tennis shoes on, and head to the basement with IPOD and water in hand. 32 minutes later, I have a 340 cal burn and my decision to exercise has paid off...I bound up the stairs a little proud of myself for sticking to it.

Off to see what everyone else has going on!!!!

Catch ya tomorrow.

4 comments:

Colette said...

LOL...I love the convo you have with yourself in the am. I love to walk and exercise but I can NOT do it first thing in the am. I prefer walking at night or late afternoon. I bought a bicycle and have been riding for exercise. Doctor said not to walk...errrr damn foot problems!! LOL
Thanks for checking up on me. I think Candace was right I need accountabilty daily!!

tallmama said...

So the banana's worked GREAT! I'm loving smoothies these days! You can really make then to suit how many points you have to *spend* from 2 upwards!.
What i've been doing lately...
1-1.5c of frozen strawberries
chunks of frozen banana
2 tsp of splenda
top it off with water, blend. Super yummy! You can fatten it up with milk instead of water..or yogurt or even cottage cheese for a more meal like.
Yesterday I ran out of strawberries (I freeze my own when they are on sale) so I used my berry mix (store bought blueberries, raspberries and blackberries) It really was better with the banana. It adds something.

Sorry there is my longwinded explanation of my smoothies.
Lara

Amanda said...

Hey you have more than one 3 readers! I always read...just don't comment. ;) I usually just tell you my comment when I talk to ya. :)

Miss July...not...yet said...

Okay, well I officially make it 4...ha ha!