Weight journey.........doin' it in baby steps!

Wednesday, June 18, 2008

Fessin' up...

So I got on the dreaded scale today, and it wasn't pretty. I am back up in the 170's --172.0 that is. So I gained quite a bit in my quest for sweets. I am rather bummed, discouraged, you name it. I am back to my work-week and trust me, I don't wanna go.

We (me, hubby, 2 boys and my mom) are headed to Aspen on Sunday to do some "car" camping--drive up to campsite and pitch tent). We are going to do some hiking while we are there--bonus activity points. I just hope it's not that hot in the mountains. It is supposed to be near 90 in Denver over the weekend---it's now time to turn on the air-conditioner.

So, now the countdown starts again---I wasn't going to tell anyone at home when Mom's newest court date was set for, but I can't keep this to myself. It's August 4th, which means my new and improved mini goal of getting back down to 165.0 is only 44 days from now--to lose 7 pounds in a little over 6 weeks.

I am going to buckle down and at least get there. I've just got to realize that life happens (camping, oldest son turns 8 --two birthday parties--, Saturday night out with the girls--dinner and a movie, Fourth of July block party, and so on). Hopefully I actually learn not to turn a one incident (big big ice cream cone) into a 2 week eating spree.

All I know for now

3 comments:

Colette said...

You can do it!! Hope your camping trip was a blast!!!

Miss July...not...yet said...

where are you???? are you drowning in ice cream? Come out!

tallmama said...

hey how you doing? How is the mini challange coming along? Check in when you can...