Weight journey.........doin' it in baby steps!

Sunday, September 9, 2007

Whew....it's been a while!!!!

Hi girls!!! Whatz up?

Been out of commission for a while. Believe it or not I still am not 100% well. Was diagnosed with a sinus infection the Thursday before we left on vacation and took all of my antibiotic and still am just not right.

So here's what's been happin' for the past few weeks. Of course, I had an awesome time at home in INDY. Met up with lots of friends and of course, family. Strawgirl put me up for the few days I was there...and I came back only gaining 2 pounds (which I thought was okay!)

When I got back to Colorado, my in-laws were here and we did go out to dinner with them (RED ROBIN---just can't say no to those french fries ---bad bad bad!!!) Brett's parents were gracious enough to watch the boys for us Thursday night (August 30th) and we got to see KAMELOT (a band we really LUV) in concert. The concert was awesome and of course, we went out to dinner. We settled on Macaroni Grill and it was yummy! The in-laws left the next day and we packed up for our vacation.

Early Saturday morning we set out for Gunnison, CO for a rafting trip down the Gunnison River. We had a good time----first rafting experience for our boys. We've been several times without them. We were just lucky that one of ours didn't get tossed out of the raft like one little boy in the other raft that went also. SCARY!!!!

After rafting, we continued on to Ouray, CO (destination for the week). BEAUTIFUL I must say. We did drive over to Telliride one day (ski resort town) and Brett and Justin went back country camping one night (two days ---hike in, camp overnight, hike out). Evan, we have decided, is still too young to hike a long distance (w/out complaining the ENTIRE time) Evan and I stayed at the hotel and walked into town twice to go shopping.

So let's just say for about 2 1/2 weeks my eating has been terrible. When we got home, I jumped on the scale and HE said I had gained 3.2 pounds!! I am going to give myself until this Thursday to hopefully work it off and w/in on the 13th. EEEEKKKKSSSSS....I have a lot of work to do in the next 4 days if I want to see the 160's again....

YOU KNOW....THE FUNNY THING IS...DURING THIS PERIOD OF "OFF PROGRAM"----NOTHING REALLY MADE IT WORTH WHAT I NOW SEE ON THE SCALE!!!!!! FUNNY HOW THAT IS!!!!


That's all I know for now.....hubby is gone so I am going to catch up (try to catch up) on all your posts!!!!!!

TTFN

2 comments:

BB said...

I can tell you that those sinus infections are killers! You may need another dose of antibiotics. Ask about Flonase nose spray-it keeps me from getting those darn infections.

So glad you had a great time on your trip. I'm sure the little weight gain will gone soon.

BB

Anonymous said...

Hey good to hear from you! Don't sweat the 3.2 -- you'll have it back off in no time!
-Chris

(PS: it sounds like you had a great time with the fam!)