Weight journey.........doin' it in baby steps!

Monday, October 29, 2007

Finallly....she's decided to leave!!!!

This is a personal update on what's been going on in my life the past few months. My mom, after forty-some years of a bad marriage, finally got the guts to leave. I have convinced her to start her new life with us, here in Colorado. She has been wishy-washy for months now, but she has finally taken the necessary steps to get out here.

She filed for divorce 6 weeks ago and just told her boss that her last day of work will be December 21st...I can say I am so tickled that she has made the decision to move out here----so excited---my mom is a great person that has led a crappy life. I just hope she will be able to find some peace and happiness out here with us and her grandkids (and away from a sham of a marriage).

She is planning on staying in Indiana through Christmas and I am flying back (one way) to drive back to Colorado with her. She is apprehensive to leave Indiana b/c my two younger brothers are still there (but I keep telling her that they are grown men and can take care of themselves!!!) And she will only be a 2 hour flight away from them.

Anyway, I haven't updated lately because I have been in constant communication with her trying to keep this ball rolling.

On the food and exercise front ----NOT THAT GREAT.....I have managed to pretty much maintain my weight for the last few weeks.


All I know for now,

Tah Tah

SJ

6 comments:

Colette said...

Wow I hope your mom can find some peace like you said. Its hard to be in a miserable marriage and its even harder to get out because of the feelings of shame and failure.

Give her lots of hugs and try to make her feel wanted and needed. I am sure that these are some of the things she has not felt in a long time!

They said when God closes a door he opens a window! Good luck to her and your family!

Amanda said...

You know I am thrilled for you, but in the same breath I just hate it! It's just not fair! You need to suffer longer... :) (For those reading this that think I am being mean, SJ knows I am kidding!)

But I am sooo glad your mom has finally made a decision and is sticking with it. She deserves some happiness and I know her grandkids will make her very happy.

The Price's Wife said...

Sounds like she's dang lucky to have such a great daughter!!!

our life in a nutshell said...

She will be so happy. You sound like a great expamle and an awesome son.

Swizzlepop said...

Yay for a better life for your mom and for her living closer to you! :)

PS
I had to make my blog private but would love to add you as a reader if you are interested. Please email me and I will add you (if I did already then ignore this, I have some emails w/o names).

MMalloy said...

Your Mom is in my prayers, sounds like she has a great family to support her through this transition.