Weight journey.........doin' it in baby steps!

Wednesday, October 31, 2007

A note to self.....A mere 46 more days.....

Til my x-mas challenge ends...will I make my goal? Here's what has to happen:

1. I need to get committed (that's focused, not institutionalized--lol)

2. I need to come up with a reasonable exercise regimen and stick with it.

3. I need to get rid of my "red" light foods----Halloween candy included.

4. I need to work the program and not cheat.

5. I need to stock my kitchen with "healthy" foods, not junk food. It's not good for me, and certainly not good for my boys.

6. I need to think of the future---my mom has diabetes. I cannot have her tempted to eat the "bad" food that I continue to buy. She will be staying with us for a bit, until we can find her a place to live out here.

7. I need to enlist my family to help me get these last few pounds off----8 more to go for the Xmas challenge and 15 more to go until my goal.

So here goes:

1. Stop the excuses, and stay focused on the challenge---YOU CAN DO THIS!!!

2. Work out program--Monday, Wednesday, and Thursday --30 min on the treadmill (regardless) One day a week --Pilate's DVD.

3. Stay out of kids candy---it's theirs (not yours). Whatever is left in a week, gets tossed in the trash! No more cookies, sugar cereal (capn crunch, lucky charms, etc--boo hoo!!!) no more candy---replace these with fruits and healthy snack choices.

4. Stay on program---get in all my water, all my fruits/vegs, fats, milks and if I BITE IT, WRITE IT!!!!

5. Again, look in my pantry and get rid of the bad stuff.

6. My future has a lot of changes coming....why not have this weight gone by the time the "new" year rolls around? Maybe my mom will see me and get motivated herself to take a few off and get off her meds.

7. I need to tell my "boys" (hubby included) to get on my ass if they see me slip up or if I haven't exercised yet....I can take it!!!


46 days....it's now or never........


SJ

2 comments:

Randi said...

Super awesome. Love it. Stay committed. You can do it!

What I'd do if I were you, to lessen the blow of dropping all "treats" and replacing with fruit. Get something that you love that's fruit or veggies. LOVE fruits salad and it feels like a treat? make some. Strawberries and cool whip? carrots and hummus? Healthy food can be a treat too!

our life in a nutshell said...

Love your ideas!!! I might copy some of your goals. I want to know what your Christmas challenge is. Halloween candy is my weakness. I want it gone now. I heard somewhere, a lady went through and picked out everything she could use for stocking stuffer, put it in the freezer, then gave the kids one week and dumped it. I think I am going to have to do this. Great goals you can do it.