Weight journey.........doin' it in baby steps!

Thursday, November 1, 2007

Candy be gone....

So, today, I brought what candy wasn't passed out at our house into work. Most of it was gone by the time my shift ended (and I did manage to stay out of it). I will slowly start to weed through the "bad" choices I have stocked up in my pantry. Today I threw away "GO-Tarts".

My boys are eating away at their Halloween candy (piece by piece) and my plan is to grab a handful every day and toss it in the trash. They won't notice and this should make them "be done" with their candy in a week---which is what I planned.

I did very well today to stick with the program---water, milk, fruits and vegs---and such. Although no exercise today...I am planning on sometime this weekend to get my Pilate's session in.

So that was my day....now let me tell you all about my drive home.



Okay, I will be the first to admit that I happen to be somewhat of a lead foot. Anyway, a Denver cop in an SUV merged onto the main drag that takes you away from the airport. Now, this dude is going fast and weaving in and out of traffic. I am modestly going 10 miles over the speed limit (65) and can't keep up with the guy. I end up catching up with him a few moments later because they are doing some construction in the left lane and everyone has to get into the right lane. I end up with one car between us.

So construction ends and now we have two lanes back. Cop gets into the left lane, and I follow. He speeds up to 70 mph and I follow along behind him. No problem, right---I'm behind him. Now as I am following him, he comes up to traffic in the left lane, who continually move to the right lane to get out of his way and I follow. Most of the time he is not allowing the minimum safe distance of one car link for every 10 mph....and quite frankly neither am I.

So, at the point where I get into the right lane to set up to merge onto another major highway (I signal and he gets caught behind a taxi going 55mph) That's the speed limit, where I merge (55---I am going 60.) So of course, I pass him. He immediately gets behind me (lights a flashin')

Me at this point says "shit" and pulls over. He gets out and asks me how fast I was going ---that I blew his windows out? I bite my tongue b/c just about ready to come out of my mouth is "you're the one driving like a bat out of hell ---I was just following you." Luckily my brain catches up and this does not come out of my mouth. All along I am thinkin -WTF? I only passed him going 5 mph over the limit. Anyway, he requests my license, registration and insurance card---which takes me FORVER to find. He looks it over, tells me I need to abide by the 1 carlink for every 10mph rule (yeah, so do you buddy!!! practice what ya preach!) and sends me on my way...YOU NEED TO SLOW DOWN MISS. I answer "Yes sir!!!!"

And then I am on my way--thinking "shew---got lucky--NO TICKET". I take it easy for a few miles and when I get 10 miles more down the road, I look down and I am now going 10mph over the speed limit. I tried, I cannot slow down----it's not in my nature.

So that was my excitement for the night.....it was bound to happen. I have lived here for over a year and this is the first time I have been pulled over.


So lesson for the day.....DON'T PASS A COP, DUH!!!!LMAO


TTFN

2 comments:

The Price's Wife said...

Nothing- no NOTHING pisses me off more than seeing a cop do things that he would pull me over for!

But on to more important things- like the fact that you are doing GREAT holding back the Halloween Candy! WAY TO GO!

Amanda said...

check out my blog...I tagged you!