Weight journey.........doin' it in baby steps!

Wednesday, November 7, 2007

Standin' in a daze......

At the pantry, yesterday afternoon. Normally, I can find something to eat easily. Not today. There's just nothin' in there that sounds good (bad). All the bad is gone. My boys only have through today to eat the rest of the Halloween candy or it will be in the trash by tonight. They still have some left, and of course I'm not going to let them eat it all---TALK ABOUT A SUGAR HIGH!!!

So the contest between Hubby and I is going great. Its been night 2 without snacking after dinner---I always eat something after dinner, so this has been a huge challenge for me. Last night around 9pm, my tummy was saying "FEED ME!!". Which I did not cave, because well I'd have to "pay up" to Hubby!!! He will be the first to have to "pay up"!!! I got a glass of water and went to bed.

I really want this week and weekend to fly by, so I can see how well this new plan will work for me. I already feel less pudgy around the middle and can't wait to see how much I take off and he takes off for comparison. It makes me crazy that men can do just menial stuff to their food intake, and the pounds just seem to fall off. Me, I gotta work extremely hard to get .2 off. I am looking forward to seeing the 160's again (remember, the five pound gain I had after getting back from vacation----still trying to get back there again. But I am confident that I will see the 160's (even if it's 169.8) by next Monday.

By the way, only 39 more days until we leave for Indy. I am soooo excited to be going home. Yes, we've lived in Colorado for over a year and Indy is still home!!! My bestest friend is putting my family and I up in her house again. She's so great. We would have been staying with the IL's, but MIL started smoking again.....I have asthma and cannot take the smoke. Hubby had talked with his bro over last weekend, and I guess his mom had made some comment to his brother about us not staying with them over Christmas. Hubby finally talked to her and told her the reason we weren't staying there was b/c she's smoking again. (side note: she has been smoking for like 50 years or more. Several months ago, she got double lung pneumonia, and the doc said if she didn't quite smoking, and she got that sick again, that she would die. She made it a couple of months and then started back up again.) So sad that those little white sticks are more important to her than her life.


Anyway, all I know for now.

Excited to get on with an OP day (ughhh, am I sick????)



TTFN
SJ

2 comments:

MMalloy said...

Sounds like the plan is going well, I love that your hubby is taking part in it...I totally think this is a huge help!

tallmama said...

Great job on the contest going well w/ hubby. It does suck that men can do it so much easier! Not fair.