Weight journey.........doin' it in baby steps!

Monday, November 5, 2007

Grocery shopping day...

So, most of the "bad" stuff is out of the pantry. Just a few last boxes of cereal and oreo cookies (the cookies I will bring into work on Wednesday). The boys' candy is almost gone--I have also given them til Wednesday to eat it or it will go into the trash.

So hubby and I discussed my "plan" til Christmas last night and he is on board. He actually weighed in last night and is going to do this with me.

Here are the rules:

1. No candy or sweets in house.(He can't make up his pan of brownies to sabotage me!!)

2. Absolutely no eating after dinner. This one will be hard for both of us and we have a "special" consequence if either of us is caught doing this (several years back when most states made wearing seatbelts a law, we both never did it. Well, we made a "contest" to ensure we both wore our seatbelts. The consequence for not putting on one's seatbelt was a "sexual favor" if you know what I mean. This seemed to work and I only had to "pay up" once or twice. Ha ha!!!) So, there will be a consequence for cheating after dinner!!!

3. We are giving up our Sunday dinners out. Last night we went to Ruby Tuesday's and that's it....until we leave for Christmas vacation----no more eating out on Sunday's.

4. I told him my exercise plan and he said he will help motivate me to do this.



So, there we go......grocery shopping today to stock us up on healthy snack choices and a family plan to help me out....We'll see!!!!


TTFN

1 comment:

Randi said...

Love it! Looks like you're doing a contest kind of thing, that would totally motivate me to not lose! (or to yes lose lbs). totally doable stuff too! Love the consequences too. Nice!