Weight journey.........doin' it in baby steps!

Wednesday, June 27, 2007

My apologies...

Sorry to you all for not immediately, after getting home from my evening shift, getting online to catch up on everyone's day. But (drumroll, please) I got on the treadmill ---for the second time today---and burnt 260 cal. Yeah me!! So, today I got in 2, yes 2, 30 min workouts total of 520 cal burn.

I guess I need to tell you all why I needed this second workout...I went to Ruby Tuesday's for lunch and caved. I got the salad bar(good choice) and also go the two mini-burgers/fries that you can get with the salad bar (for only an extra $1.00 - BAD CHOICE!!!)

I know the second workout won't make up for the goof--but maybe it will help. Tomorrow I have a mid-day shift, so I plan to get up and get back on that treadmill.
Tomorrow I will make better choices to make up for the bad one today.

Here's what I ate...

Breakfast - jello ---not nutritious but I knew I was going out to lunch 0 pts
lunch big salad at RT (I got the mini burgers/fries to go) 8 pts
Dinner - 2 miniburgers (believe it or not, I think these are.....) 16pts
a few fries (they were soggy ) 3 pts
Grand total 27 pts

12 comments:

Amanda said...

THUMP!!! That is me hitting you upside the head! IDIOT! Have we not talked about how high in points those burgers are?!?! Were they worth it? NO. I can give you points for at least counting them as 8 points a piece which is what they really are. I knew when I didn't talk to you AFTER you went to lunch you didn't want to fess up. ;) BUT at least you tried to make up for it by doing the treadmill. :)

When will you learn???? ;)

Just joking (well sort of) ...ya know I love ya!

Unknown said...

WOW!! Two times working out...you are my hero! I was thrilled I made one yesterday. I LOVE the salad bar at RT's. So yummy!!! ;-)

MMalloy said...

Even if the mini burgers weren't the best choice, you held yourself to getting on the treadmill! It is okay to treat yourself once and a while. You are doing great!

WeightBGone said...

Wow, great job on the two work outs. I know that is never easy with our hectic lifestyles. Have a great day. :)

dizzydazey said...

I think it's awesome that you exercised twice - even if it is because you ate the mini-burgers! :o)

Anonymous said...

Well, the mini burgers might not have been the best choice but KUDOS to you for getting on the treadmill after and twice in one day!!! We all makes bad choices once in a while, it is what you do after that counts. And you did GREAT! Keep up the good work! :)

Superjayman's Battle of the Bulge said...

Hey strawgirl....a little harsh wouldn't you say. I did try to make up for it and I did track the 27pts for the day only 2 over without counting AP...so there!!!

BB said...

Two work outs? I'd like to think that you did one of them for me :) We all kick ourselves when we splurge a little, but as long as we get back on track I think it's ok. So you're good!

The Price's Wife said...

Wow- doesn't it just suck to waste your points on soggy fries? I've been guilty of that myself! Good for you for fitting in some extra exercise though... I loved that you told us all about your exercise FIRST and then slipped in the bad news... too funny!

Amanda said...

Hey, you know, I was totally joking with you! :) You know I love ya!! I am proud that you did hit the treadmill to make up for it. You wouldn't have done that in the past....

;) Hope you had a good night at work and a great day today! :)

Unknown said...

Okay 2 workouts - geez is someone trying to show us all up - haha!! Just kidding!! Way to go - gosh I wish that I had that motivation....if I walk around the block I want to count that as my exercise for the day - I'm working on it so hearing that you walked 2x motivates me!!! Keep it up and NO MORE SOGGY FRIES (at least make them cook them fresh!!) :~)

Anonymous said...

UGGGHHHH! Soggy fries, YUCK! You are totally my hero though for getting in 2 workouts...I struggle to even do one, though I am psyching myself up to start the Couch to 5k...