Weight journey.........doin' it in baby steps!

Wednesday, July 18, 2007

The big showdown...

I haven't posted in a few days...you know I thought I might have a peaceful weekend at home just veggin' and all was going well until the whole family ended up at Target. The hubby and I got into it over something extremely trivial and this set the tone for a day and a half. We just don't argue much and life always seems so "hunky-dorie". Not for the last day and a half, though. With us not "talking", you know the silent treatment always works well to solve problems, my eating went to hell. In fact, when we got home from Target, I made myself two huge Margarita's (which were pretty good going down---I'm not that much of a drinker by the way).

So, last night after dinner, while cleaning up the dinner mess, I start balling. Not loud crying, but tears just streaming down my face---Does anyone notice....NO!!!
In fact, I disappear into the bathroom (so I can let it all out), does anyone notice...NO--I'm gone for a good 1/2 hour.

Boy, I really miss my friends!!! Since our move, I haven't found that close friend (you know the one you can tell anything to, cry to and they will listen). Most of the gals I work with don't live close and have there own issues.

I gotta say that is the thing I miss the most about living so far away from my friends I left in Indiana...I have two really close friends there that I consider my sisters and yet they are sooooo far away. (Crying as I write this)

I really need to get away!!!!

Anyway, things did get better this morning with the hubby and I am now trying to back pedal with all my food indiscretions (I really have lost count on how many points I have eaten in the last day and a half). And to top it all off, W/I is tomorrow morning.....the scale will not be kind I'm sure!!!

Thanks for being my sounding board (not crying anymore --- for now)

TTFN

9 comments:

BB said...

I feel your pain. I remember being a newlywed in VA--moving clear across the country from CA. It is hard to meet new friends, but I'm confident you will. Just your blogs alone show what a great personality you have-so don't worry!

Amanda said...

Oh honey..I'm crying as I read this! I hate that you left too and you know that!! You could have called me last night to cry to. Men can be such asses! Yours doesn't care b/c he has no friends (LOL!!) but you had some wonderful friends here and you still do. We miss you (I am SURE I can speak for both of us!) and you are welcome home anytime. You know I will pick you up at the airport and let you relax for a while by yourself in the comfort of my home.

Pick yourself up and get back on that wagon. I want to see you all skinny the next time you come home...be it next week or December. :) I know you can do this...we both can! I love ya!!

Unknown said...

HUGS!!! Aw girl I know how tough it is to be soooo far away from your friends. And how stinky it is that no one seems to care about how much you have given up. (I left all my family and friends in CA when I moved to MI). Just know that you are in my thoughts and prayers. Things will get better...it will just take some time.

dizzydazey said...

{{hugs!}} Bless your heart! Fighting with the hubby is the worst! It's gotta be hard to not have anyone near by to talk to!

I'm so glad that you've patched things up and now you can refocus on eating healthy.

Anonymous said...

We seem to take fighting with the hubbies the same way! I am sorry no one noticed how upset you were ((hugs)) And I know exactly how you feel about not having any friends close by. We moved 7 months ago and still no local friends. Closest I have is MIL and kinda can't talk to her about her son being an ASS! LOL Hang in there and know we are here for you- even if it is cyberspace! ;)

The Price's Wife said...

Aw, that sucks! I've had to move too and it's always tough, but eventually you find your little niche and get your groove back. Be patient and it'll work out! I'm glad you and your husband worked things out though...

WeightBGone said...

*Hugs* I am sorry to see you so sad. Men just dont understand the important things in life like a woman needing her friends. I'm happy you two made up because the silent treatment does make for a long lonely day. Take care and remember we are always here to listen. :)

MMalloy said...

{hugs} sounds like your week is going as bad as mine. I am glad to hear things are getting patched up though.
I know you can get through this and get back on track. So many of us have these set backs but with the support of eachother we can get through them and get back OP!

Anonymous said...

So sorry, I was MIA this weekend, hope things are doing better now! I have been there, too! My BFF moved to Detroit about a year ago and I haven't gotten close to anyone else around her just yet! Vent to us anytime! We're here for you...{{{hugs}}}
-Chris