Weight journey.........doin' it in baby steps!

Thursday, July 5, 2007

No w/i, because I slept in...

Yes big cop out, but we didn't get home from fireworks until 11:45pm last night and I must have just turned my alarm off. The fireworks show was awesome here in Castle Rock. They lasted for 50 min. Usually, the ones I've seen only last for around 30 min.

Anyway, to update my week. My bro and his girlfriend (by the way is skinny, tan, tall and no---let me repeat that NO cellulite on her body whatsoever) JEALOUS!!!!
Okay got off on a tangeant, anyway they flew in on Monday ready to see Colorado. That evening I made pasta and then we worked it off by hiking "the rock" in Castle Rock. Short hike and you get a view of the city and a nice sunset!!!

Tuesday, we decided to get up bright and early (hence, the no w/in on Tuesday am) and drive to Colorado Springs...we hiked in the Garden of the Gods and then went to Wendy's for lunch (I got a chili --no cheese and ate a few fries). After lunch we went to a waterfall (did another short hike) in a city park down in Colorado Springs. We we home after that and got cleaned up and went to Red Robin---love their french fries...so that got me in trouble...but I got the ceasar chicken wrap (dressing on the side) and only ate half of that.

Wednesday, we got up even earlier and set out towards the west/northwest of Boulder to do a 6 mile round trip hike...which was AWESOME!!! We hiked back past a lake to get to a mountain lake at about 10,800 ft. The scenery was beautiful. My calves and hips are killing me today. After spending most of the day in the mountains, I got the bright idea to "spend" the calorie burn from the hike on Maggiano's. It's this Italian restaurant that my hubby, kids and I love. (slaps self silly on face)
My bro and his GF had never eaten there, so we went. We ended up ordering 3 meals to split between all of us and still brought leftovers home. The portions there are HUGE!! We then went home, rested, and then off to fireworks...

So, here I sit on Thursday, after sleeping past my WW meeting, thinking why can't I get this to click....either I eat good --no exercise. Or I exercise (no lack of it this week so far) and I eat bad. I can't seem to get the two concepts to mesh together. BTW, taking today off in the exercise department---TOO SORE!!! Will resume it tomorrow.

Here are a few of pix...




6 comments:

MMalloy said...

Love the pics!! I know what you mean with blending excercise and good eating into one. I think it happens over time though, you eventually stop feeling like you need to treat yourself becuase you did the exercise or something like that. You had a busy weekend and now that things are settling down you will get them to blend!!

The Price's Wife said...

You're right... that girl IS really skinny... but wait till she pops out a few kidlets and THEN get back to me!! You are awesome for taking your family on hikes, that is a great example for your kids (even if you did decide to reward yourself with some great food)... Keep working at it!

WeightBGone said...

Great pics thanks for sharing. Sounds like you've had a lot of exercise which is good. I have done a lot of hiking this past week too and really enjoy it. The problem is the scale doesnt always reflect your hard work until later on so that can get discouraging for me. Hope your day is a good one and rest up those aching muscles. :)

Sarah in AZ said...

Great pics!!!! (and let me just tell you--I have a sister in law that is 90 lbs soaking wet, can wear whatever she wants, and it drives me NUTS! I'm RIGHT there with ya!!!!!!!!!!!_

I bet you burned all those meals off by the hiking you did. Well done!

Unknown said...

WOW! Those pics are awesome! Awesome job on getting those hikes in! Sounds like you had a great vistit with your brother and his GF! ;-)

MtngirlinCali said...

Gorgeous photos!! Which lake is that?

Am jealous of your beautiful hiking day. Keep up the good work!