Weight journey.........doin' it in baby steps!

Tuesday, July 10, 2007

OUR TRIP TO WINTER PARK, CO....

So, we got back from our last “HURRAH” before Justin starts school tomorrow. We’ve had a busy, busy day today—met the teach, school supplies shopping, grocery shopping, laundry, and then baseball pix tonight followed by baseball game. Then hurry home to get kids to bed so they can have plenty of sleep before the first day of FIRST GRADE!!!

So, the alpine slides were fun, until mine started to go out of control (lost balance a bit while looking back to see if Justin was catching up with me). I lost about 2 inches of skin trying to “right” the cart you ride down on. Also, burned my knee a little thru my jeans…luckily I had on long pants or I would have skinned up my knee pretty good as well. After that, I slowed down a bit til we finished up.

We went and played mini-golf, went thru a maze, and the boys climbed the rock wall. I forgot my camera but here are some pics I found that will give you an idea of what we did:



Gonna w/in Thursday morn…meet the teach conflicted with Tuesday w/in (ironically, I saw my leader at Walmart grocery shopping after meeting the teach!!!!)

TTFN

7 comments:

The Price's Wife said...

Sounds like a great day... hope the weigh in goes well!

Amanda said...

That looks like SO MUCH FUN!!! I wanna go!! :) Maybe next time we are out that way.

MtngirlinCali said...

DH is planning on being a pilot. He worked up at Jeffco as a flight instructor for a few years before joining me in VA and CA. He actually worked in the tower for Frontier as a load planner back in the day! I come from an airline family.....and you are much admired for what you do every day. Totally unimaginable. :)

Sarah in AZ said...

OMG, YOU are a BRAVE woman! It looks like a lot of fun but holy crap, I would've been injured! That is so cute about your kids! Remember the good old days when we would get excited about new school supplies? The smell of new crayons!
Good luck at your w/in, and i hope you are in the 160's too.

Jo said...

That looks like a blast! Glad you had a good time.

Anonymous said...

WOW, seems early to start school! Does he go year round? Our year round schools just started their new year on Monday, but traditional school year schools don't start until August 27th!
-Chris

MMalloy said...

Alpine slides and new school supplies in one week, I would be in heaven. I LOVE school supply shopping I still go every year and I am a graduate student (sad)! Good luck at W/IN!!!!