Weight journey.........doin' it in baby steps!

Thursday, July 26, 2007

IN NEED OF AN INTERVENTION!!!!

A sugar intervention, that is....I cannot stop craving and eating all these sweets!!!I have been in the process of getting ready for Justin's b-day party (we postponed it because his friends were off school and on vacation). It's "Spiderman" themed and I am just finishing up on the final decorations on the cake. I will post a pix of it later--pats self on back ----it turned out not bad!!!

So, I have gotten into cake batter, icing and the like. I cannot get off the sugar kick. I did w/in this morning and of course saw a GAIN!!! Up 1.2 which, after eating the way I have all week and then some, was a gracious gift. So now I am back to needing 1.8 pounds to get in the 160's. Why o why do you elude me???

So, here is the plan.....the sugar has to go. Today, I will start taking baby steps to get my eating under control. First, I will track everything that goes in my mouth and get the minimum water in.

Okay, here's where I throw a bit of a temper-tantrum ......I just don't want to DO THIS---THIS DIETING THING!!! I AM SOOOOO TIRED OF IT!!! BUT I KNOW I HAFTA---RIGHT? THAT'S WHAT I KEEP TELLING MYSELF.

This weight will not come off if I keep doing what I have always done!!!!! I KNOW THIS---I just need to DO IT and DO IT CONSISTENTLY!!!

-------> Pep talk to myself (ha ha) <---------

TTFN

8 comments:

BigLoser said...

I would kill to be in the 160's right now! lol...no seriously...ok ok...I kid I kid!

Dieting and cutting back and watching your weight friggin sucks. I've just decided to accept it and keep it moving. To ignore it, is to put back on the weight and none of us want that to happen right? lol

Cake batter and icing are hard to resist thought...I'm literally saying Yum as I type this, but try not to be so hard on yourself.

You recognized that you have to step up your game...and you will!

TTFN back atcha!

Unknown said...

Girl you can do it! I can feel your pain...cake batter, icing..those are my downfalls big time. Even more so than chocolate cookie dough!!! You WILL see the 160's again!!!

Unknown said...

Awwww - hang in there - dieting sucks....exercise sucks but cake batter now that is sheer bliss!!! Is it yellow cake or chocolate??? MMMM - can't wait to see a picture too. Okay sorry I was trying to be supportive and got lost in my visions of cake batter and frosting.....just so you know - you have every right to stomp your feet and throw a fit AND it burns calories - LOL. Seriously, I hope things get easier but they probably won't - like I said dieting sucks....the great thing is that you know that and yet you keep doing it so you're stronger than you think!!!

MtngirlinCali said...

You do need to keep it up....and don't go away from posting for so long!! It's lonely without you here...:)

Forget about the week and return to normal. You are not on a diet. This is your life. Yes, you can eat a piece of Superman. You just have to have an egg white omlette for dinner with spinach and fat free feta. You can do it!

Amanda said...

I'm gonna try this pep talk thing so here goes...

If you always do what you've always done, you'll always get what you've always got. Meaning if you keep eating like this you will NOT see 160-something or 150-something or 148. SO step it up, and get back OP. How many miles has that treadmill logged lately??? Hmmmm???? Take baby steps--drink your water, write EVERYTHING down (even if you go over at least you are being somewhat accountable). Then take the next step and count points...maybe add some exercise. I know that's where I've lacked lately. You can do this! Want to make it a competition? Who ever gets to their next goal??!? You're a heck of a lot closer than I am! :) You can do this...you will do this! I'm here for ya babe!

noelle said...

totally sucks that the extra weight won't just fall off once we decide we are done with it, huh?

I hear you on the sugar...once I start in my body just craves more and more and more even after I feel totally sick! Just try to flush it out with tons of water.

Anonymous said...

OK - we've all been here, too! YOU CAN DO THIS!! I have faith in you! Hang in there...once you get back in the groove, you'll be A-OK!{{{HUGS}}}
-Chris

dizzydazey said...

{{HUGS!}} Dieting does suck - but YOU CAN DO THIS!!

You're doing so great - just take those baby steps back to where you want to be!